Friday, June 1, 2012

Fleece Fabric Rose

Good morning! Need to catch up on my tutorials! I have been so busy setting up my Etsy shop and end of the school year activities. FUN FUN! Well it's now the first day of summer VACA! Whewww I will have some fun kid activities to post starting today!
For my first tutorial of the day I will show you how I made my fabric rolled rose that you can buy on my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmiciBello .

Supplies
Fleece fabric
coordinating Craft felt
coordinating thread
needle
scissors
Hot Glue gun
Glue sticks

Cut out a strip of fabric to your liking. Don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect cuts...as you can see I wasn't to worried about it no my strip LOL.



Get your needle and thread ready. Next your going to pick up an end of your strip up and make a ball. Get your needle and thread and sew through the middle of your ball to make it stay so it's a good base for your rose.
Now here is where I just noticed I FAILED to take an example picture of my actually rolling the fabric. I will try to add photos later. This rolled rose is a little different then using regular fabric. Regular fabric rolled roses I twist them tightly and use hot glue. We aren't using hot glue at all on this one and we aren't rolling it tight. Instead lightly twist around your middle knot. Your making it more bulky and light twists.



There are no wrong ways to twist this flower. If you don't like the look of your twist just re do it :-). After you have twisted your fleece rose to your liking and you have a little fleece left flip the end under the rose and sew again like sooo...please excuse my helper....Hannah Montana the cat. She likes to help inspect my work ;-).




Turn on your glue gun. Now you need to cut out a small circle from your craft felt. Glue this circle to the bottom of your Rose to cover the stitches and to have a base to add your clip.



Line your clip with a coordinating ribbon and attach it to the back. And WA-LA


No comments:

Post a Comment