Friday, November 11, 2011

Ribbon Hair Tie

Want to add some JAZZ to your plain hair tie? It's super easy! I'll show you...
Supplies- A Hair Band and several colors of ribbon of various sizes.
I start off with my largest size ribbon first. For this hair tie I cut two pieces or 7/8 ribbon 19 1/2 inches long. Then I folded each to cut in half to give me 4 pieces of ribbon. Tie each of the pieces on to the hair tie.
 Pull the knot tight like this.
 After you have your big filler piece in start playing around with your other ribbon cutting them at the same lengths and fill in the blanks. You can make the hair tie as full as you want it. Remember to cut your ends at an angle and heat seal. If you take a look at our page I have some examples of what the finished product looks like.

XOXO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment