Monday, February 27, 2012

Fabric French Memo Board

OK I know you have been waiting to see how to make this rockin fabric memo board! So let's get STARTED!

Supplies:
Bulletin Board
Fabric (enough to cover your bulletin board)
Quilting Batting
Upholstery tacks
Ribbon
Scissors
Staple gun
Staples
Hammer

1st your going to lay out your batting. Now place your bulletin board with the back facing down. Fold your batting over the edges and start stapling it down to the wooden frame. After your done cut the batting around the frame edges. Don't worry about making the back puurrty right this moment. The last photo will show you what it should look like when you flip it back over. If your like me safe the batting you cut off for another project ;-). Maybe to stuff some doll pillows???







Now pick your board up and lay out your fabric. The fabric should face down. Lay your board down on the fabric also facing down. Start folding your fabric over the edges like you did with the batting and cut off the excess. Remember to make your edges where you are folding nice and pretty.
I made extra slits where my bulletin board already had hangers in it so it would be easier for me to hang. If your wondering where I got my rockin fabric I got it from Jo-Ann's of course ;-). It's on sale right now, they consider it Valentine's print.






OK now you will need to pick your ribbon of choice and your upholstery tacks and a hammer. Or you can use buttons like we did with the canvas, your choice. If you use buttons get your hot glue gun out and heat it up while you pick out your ribbon. Remember to heat seal your ribbon ends.
I chose two colors of pink....my first choice ran out half way through HA! turned out perfect though!
No start from one corner, staple the ribbon to the back and pull it to the opposite end, staple that end down then cut your ribbon and heat seal. Do this to the other two corners. Then re do the process on the other side to over lap them. After you are done if you are using upholstery tacks hammer them into the 5 points like I did below.





Now you know how I made these three beautiful creations <3


So go hang your beautiful creation and add some pictures to your memo boards! We hung our fabric board next all the Justin Bieber posters ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment