Monday, February 27, 2012

French Memo Board on a painted Canvas

Hi all! I'm going to walk you through how I make a memo board on a canvas.

Supplies:
Canvas- Size of your choice. At Hobby Lobby they have them in packs of two. I got two for $8 :-).
Paint
Ribbon
Buttons
Hot Glue gun
Staple gun & staples
Scissors
Lighter (to heat seal your ribbon)

Find a good painting spot and put some news paper down. Then get ready to paint your canvas. For this particular one I was making it for a special friend as a baby shower present. I went to Home Depot and got them to color match the paint she used for her walls.
I painted the canvas Plum Burst. Then I chose to paint a stencil on the canvas in the corners. I got this Martha Stuart Stencil with three designs on it for $2 at Home Depot.
I also made a matching bow hanger. I had a wooden plaque, I painted it Plum burst as well then I stenciled it.
See how pretty....





Now after the canvas and plaque are dry you need to add the ribbons. I chose brown. For the canvas you will start with one going from one point to the other. Then put two on either side. Now do the same to the other side so they over lap. This is where your staple gun comes in. You will be stapling the ribbon to the backside of the canvas ON the frame. I used 3/8 inch ribbon for the french memo board.
For the bow hanger I chose to cut the strips of ribbon. Staple them evenly apart on the back side of your plaque. I used 7/8 inch ribbon for the bow hanger.
Remember to heat seal the ends of your ribbons :-)








Now we are done with the bow hanger. You can add hangers to the back. We still need to finish your beautiful memo board!
Get your glue gun and pick 5 buttons of your choice. I chose different sizes of brown ones. Hot glue these to the ribbon in the 5 cross points seen below.



 
Here is the Painted Memo board and the bow hanger. Next I will show you how to make a FABRIC memo board! TOO TOO CUTE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment