Wednesday, May 16, 2012

4th of July DIY Wreath!

Goooood morning! Can you believe it it's almost SUMMER! School will be out soon so I figured I better get some crafting in before I have a kiddo taking over my computer and all my crafting supplies LOL! Today I Finished my 4th of July wreath. I only bought the wreath a few weeks back and a little decoration for under $2 at Hobby Lobby. BTW Hobby Lobby is the best place to buy your wreaths. The stick one I used today I got in the floral section. The foam ones that I wrap I find in the crafting section by the paper supplies and wood painting supplies. The rest is some antique lace ribbon I found for a few cents at a 2nd hand store last summer in Port A (yes I love going to resale stores ALL over LOL even on vacation!) and then I used a "flag" printed ribbon. You also need your glue gun! 
As you can see I made a big bow with tails to put up top. Then around the wreath I randomly placed rose bud flowers I made with the lace ribbon all over. I also used what I had laft of the lace and added it to the back of my bow. Now the "Liberty" decoration had a wire to hang it. I used my wire cutters and snipped it out and the loop hooks. The wire had a small star on it. I snipped it off and put it in the center of my bow. Then I glued the "Liberty" sign to the bottom of my wreath. And WAL-LA! Now I just need to go buy a wreath hanger for my door because I have NO clue where mine is.....hmmmmm maybe under my giant pile I have over here and crafts and coupons HA! ;-)

Hope you like it! Get inspired and make your own Summer wreath and share it with me. I am thinking a wreath  wrapped in yarn with sea shells is in my near future! 

I will make another big bow with tails soon and put up the tutorial for everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment