Thursday, July 12, 2012

My 1st DIY curtains

Hey everyone! Well I finally took 20 minutes to myself and made my first curtains! Here is how I did it!
I had a cheap un-opened curtain rod already. It's for a long small window in my down stairs half bath. I took my JoAnn Fabric coupon and bought some in expensive fabric and got to work!
Supplies:
Measuring tape
Fabric
Curtain rod
coordinating thread
Iron/ironing board
Stick pins
Sewing machine
Scissors


This is my window I am covering



First measure the length and width of the window that you want to cover with your DIY curtain. Then get your coupons and head to your craft store to pick your fabric. Add 3 inches to the top and bottom of your measurement and 1 inch to both sides of your fabric.
When you get home if you have bought extra fabric cut your fabric to the right size and plug in your iron. I like to iron down my seems and use straight pins to hold it in place. Do the sides first, so the length of your curtain. Fold in each side a 1/2 inch twice. For your bottom hem fold a 1/2 inch then again 2 1/2 inches. For your top hem where your rod will be fold an inch then fold 3 1/2 inches as well. Iron then place your pins.



Now get to sewing! Sew the lengths first, then the bottom hem. Then the top hem.





Annnnnd WA-LA!!!! Just waiting for hubby to come home and hang it ;-)

XOXO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment