Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DIY Bassinet Sheet - Arms Reach Co sleeper

Well I had two bassinet sheets and neither one fit the Arms Reach Co Sleeper we got. So I figured I could make some :-).
Here is my first sheet....

Supplies:
Cotton Jersey Knit
1/4 inch elastic
Sewing machine
Coordinating thread
Scissors
measuring tape
Iron and ironing board

I used a super cute jersery knit that I had left over from making a onesie gown ;-). It's stretchy and pertty!

Measure your bassinet mattress. Then cut fabric that is 10 inches wider and longer. Then on each corner you will need to cut a 5 inch square out. I marker my square on one end, then folded my fabric so I could cut it all at one time.


Now pin the end points of where you cut right sides together and sew. Do this to each corner. Make sure you back stitch.


When you turn it right side out it will look like this.....BTW heat up your iron.....



Now the fun begins. HA! ;-). Iron down a 1/4 seem all the way around. Then fold it over again and iron down. Pin your elastic all the way around on top of the seem you have ironed down. Make sure the elastic is over the seem. Set your sewing machine to your longest zip zag stitch and the stitch length to a 3. Now start sewing. As you are sewing pull on the elastic to stretch it.






And ta-da! Here is your sheet!



XOXO,
Jess


1 comment:

  1. Soooooo glad I found this!! I wasn't wanting to pay $18+ for ONE sheet! Just curious though, about how much elastic did you need for one?

    ReplyDelete