Thursday, April 4, 2013

Recovering a chair in 15 minutes

So this pretty little chair sat in my bathroom for like a year stripped. Poor thing....I stripped it and spray painted it silver then just LEFT HER THERE!
Well baby is almost here and I can't stand and put my socks on any more so I said HEY I need that chair!
Here is what I did....in 15 minutes....

Supplies
Chair
Spray paint if you want to change the base color first
fabric
stapler
Hot glue gun

Here is the original chair in her white and green


I unscrewed the two cushions, spray painted silver.....waited a year...then went to Joann's and got it done while cooking dinner!

I placed the seat cushion on the fabric, cut a square and started piecing the sides down onto the back and staple down...




Now repeat to the back cushion but on the back cushion I cut out a circle and glued it because it the chair gets turned around you will see the ugly stapling unless this is done ;-)

Now get your hubby to screw back on the cushions! My belly was in my way...and apparently no one wanted me to let the meat on the stove to burn.....

And TA-DA!


Before I could post to Instagram one of the cats had to test the chair out....my bathroom door is now shut at all times so the creatures can't make this seat theirs :-).

Free chair given to us
Can of silver Spray paint $5?
2 yards of Fabric for about $6
15 minutes
DONE

Now you could get fancy and put the tufts back into it and trim ect. But ehhh I already let her sit there for a year she needed to be dressed quickly LOL. She looks great serves her purpose and I heart her! And she will come in handy when bathing baby in our big garden tub so I'm not getting my booty wet sitting on the side of the tub.


XOXO,
Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment