Monday, June 25, 2012

DIY Garden Markers

I finally went out in the TX heat and hammered in our DIY garden markers while my daughter and her friend are having a water fight. At least I kept a little cool when I got caught by the water guns cross fire LOL!  Here is our project

Supplies:
A garden to start with ;-)
Free paint stick stirs, grab some at your local Home Depot in the paint section
Paint, I used colors from our wide selection of sample house paints we have
Paint brushes to paint the sticks
Pencil to stencil on the letters
Small paint brushes to paint in the letters
Hammer to hammer your projects into the ground

So after I picked up 10 paint stir sticks from Home Depot we picked paints we wanted to use from my garage supply ;-). We got to painting....




After they are dry I free hand stenciled the letters on each of them then we painted the letters.



And here are a few of our garden markers in our garden! WA-LA!





My daughter and her friend helped me with uhhhh maybe 3 then retreated back to their water turned mud fight



XOXO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment