Friday, December 28, 2012

17 weeks pregnant

OK so sorry, Christmas has made me a little behind! So last week I was 17 weeks pregnant.

By the way if you didn't already know....IT'S A GIRL!!!! YAHOOOOO! SOOOO EXCITED!!! We got out our cards to our close friends and fam then I announced on Facebook! SOOOOO excited for our baby girl! She already has a few outfits ;-). CA-UUUUUUUUUTE!

At 17 weeks I was having lots of bad cramping. I couldn't stand/walk for long periods of time. Sooooo I was told by my doc I had to buy a maternity belt to help support the pressure the baby was making. Oh and I was told I could take Extra Strength Tylenol  Let me tell you finding a size small maternity belt is not easy. I finally broke down and drove to the mall...days before Christmas.....fun.
Apparently there are three brands of maternity belts ranging from $20, $30 and $40. I asked to try on the $20 belt. The sale woman and Motherhood Maternity told me she normally does not recommend anyone to buy this belt it doesn't give woman enough support. But she said since I am so small I should try it. I did and it was fine. The "expert" sales woman who was very informative, said she thinks in my case the $20 belt would be fine for me and do what I needed it to do. The curious person I am I asked "Well, What's the difference in the belts besides the price?" She let me try on the $30 belt so I could see the difference. My $20 belt really just is the shape of a belt. It raps around your belly, you Velcro in front. You are suppose to down by your pelvic bone to support under your belly. Then there are two strips of Velcro on each side to tighten the belt. Now the other two belts have a wider band part on the back to support your back more. I opted for the $20 belt. It wasn't as bulky, less expensive and seemed more comfortable.
Besides the pain I was in most of that week, and missing out on walking the trail of lights with the kids.I also got a cold AGAIN!!!! This time it's a lingering cough with congestion....lovely.

Let's see what else was I up to in Week 17. I started looking around for Thanksgiving and Christmas outfits in the size baby girl will need next year. Found some good deals on Clearance! I started planning her DIY nursery :-)! Gotta love Pinterest!

By the way here is a good website I found if you can't figure out what trimester or month you are actually in.


http://www.baby2see.com/development/index.html


Here's my Preggo Profile pic!

17 weeks 4 days


XOXO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment