Saturday, December 15, 2012

DIY Simple Scarf

Awwww SNUGGLE FLANNEL! Well I went to my local Joann's yesterday to get Fleece for a deep pocket scarf I wanted to make. BUT my local Joann's is moving location in February. And for whatever reason they have decided to STOP stocking any of there fabrics. Great....that blows.....so I ended up for two 2 yards of two different Snuggle Flannel fabrics. Super cute but I wasn't able to make the scarf I wanted to originally make. Sooooo I thought about it and decided on something simple
 :-).
So here is my simple scarf.

Supplies:
2 yards of Snuggle Flannel
Scissors/Rotary cutter
Measuring tape
Pins
Iron
Sewing Machine

Take your 2 yards of flannel and fold it in half long ways then cut. So you will cut on the longest edge.




Now get your iron and pins out. What I did next was unfold the fabric and fold in a half inch along all of the edges. I pinned to keep in place as well as ironed along the way.


After you are done with pinning and ironing. Re fold your fabric over and adjust your pins so you are now pinning the two sides together. Once that is perfectly lined up go to your sewing machine and pick a straight stitch and stitch along all the way around. And WA-LA!


 Please excuse my PJ's and slippers ;-) hmmmm I should have go some extra flannel to make some preggo PJ pants! Next time!

XOXO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment