Sunday, February 17, 2013

Charlie Banana Cloth Diapers with optional disposable inserts!

SO! I am thinking of every way possible to save money with the new baby. One idea is cloth diapers....but it does seem kind of welllll GROSS LOL. But that was until I found these lovelies! The brand is Charlie Banana. They have excellent reviews. They are sold in store at Target WHOO HOO!!! And Babies R Us. The awesome-ness of these are not only do you have the option of using a disposable insert but they come in a "one size" so you use them from 0-30 months!
What I found is that Target is the least expensive  You can also purchase them on line from Target, Amazon, Babies R Us, and from the Charlie Banana website. This goes for the disposable inserts as well.
You can buy individual one size for around $19, a value pack of 6 one size for $109. You can also buy a pack of 3 XS for $44. They sell actual sizes XS, S, M, L, XL if you rather have a true to size diaper.
My plan:
-I have value packs on one size and XS on on my baby registry. BUT I am also going to buy one diaper a week until baby comes so I have extras. I do plan on using disposable liners, they look like a pack of wipes. I am thinking I want to get at least 6 XS diapers so it fits baby better as a newborn. And then at least 15 adjustable one size.
-Also I have disposable diapers on my registry. We plan on using disposable ones when we are out and about. From what I hear it's easier. It still saves a lot using the reusable ones at home. 

Here are some pictures of the one adjustable size diaper I got today at Target. They come in lots of different colors and patterns! TOO cute! And SUPER soft! The individual diapers come with two reusable inserts. These are used if you are only using the diaper as a reusable diaper. You can buy the disposable inserts separately.


I immediately adjusted mine to XS to see how small it got. It has lots of snaps in the front to fit to baby. See the super cute print on this one?!


There is an elastic band enclosed inside of the legs similar to a bra strap. It tells you how to size each side. There is an XS, two S's, two M's and two L's. This helps make sure to keep the legs nice and snug around the diaper to prevent leakage.


Here are the two reusable inserts. It says at 4 months to use both inserts for extra leakage protection.


See all the snaps?



Happy to share my first cloth diaper purchase! I bought mine at Target. I'm excited to use them in 13 weeks!!!

** Other plans to save money on baby- Nursing for as long as possible and jarring our own baby food from our garden produce :-)

XOXO,
Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment