Friday, March 8, 2013

DIY Nursery Bedding and Decor!

Well I figured I should post about our progress on our DIY nursery.
It started because I didn't "like" any of the bedding sets at the store. Nothing was that perfect picture in my head. SO I asked my Aunt to assist me in making my own bedding! We mostly went off of Simplicity baby bedding pattern and just added subtracted created it how we wanted it to look.
So far here is what we have finished! All we have left is the Bed skirt and I don't have a picture yet of the decorative pillow. I'm also making a regular sized pillow case so we can continue using the bedding into the toddle bed.

We started off by painting. The room was a BRIGHT Disney Blue. And since I wanted my purple to be light I "made" my poor hubby prime first LOL. Yesssss yesss I know paint comes with primer these days. But I am picky and really didn't want that blue showing through. So here is a picture of the room primed then a picture of the pretty Purple. It's called Grape Hyacinth and I made it 25% lighter.





Here are my curtains. I made two panels then I made a valance. The Beautiful curtain rod s from Lowes.

Excuse lil Miss Kitty in the window....






Here are my beautiful crib bumpers!! The Paisley is the outside and the green polka dot is the inside. For these we used pre cut bumper pads purchased at Joann's and we followed the directions on making the bumper pads that came with it.



Here is the Diaper Stacker. We added a "D" to the top to give it a little decorative touch ;-), Also on the bottom of this diaper stacker to give it support we used a piece of plastic that is used for knitting.



Here is an organizer that can be hung from the side of the crib to hold whatever.



This is the Crib Blanket


This is the larger "toddler" size blanket that we can use on a toddler bed later on ;-)


This is a memo board for photos or bows that I made. OH and BTW I spent all last week making bows. So between baby and her big sis they are set for a LONNNNNG time LOL.
This board is super easy to make. I actually got an old cork board from a local thrift store for $1. Used Poly fill to cover it then put fabric from the bedding over that. Picked ribbon I wanted to use, put it on. And added a few buttons with hot glue. TA-DA.





Well that's it for now. I plan on either receiving plain purple sheets as shower gifts or purchasing them. And I ordered a super cute antiqued light switch plate on Etsy. I'm also making her wall decor and mobile. Can't wait to share!!

This is a picture of the switch plate I ordered off of Etsy. But mine will be White. Check out her shop!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Thepinkpicketfence?ref=seller_info

Light Swith Cover - Elegant - Shabby Chic -Aqua Blue - Master Bedroom - Romantic


XOXO,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica I just saw your comment on my DIY mobile and responded. Your nursery is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was done a year ago and hope you and your family are doing well. I just happened to see your blog and love the material for the bedding. Where did you shop for your paisley fabric?

    ReplyDelete